Today, I bring a variation of the Charizard promotional card released at Celebrations, Lance’s Charizard, which, even though it is simple, can be greatly enhanced. It is possible to get out of the 200 range and reach 300 and even 320 damage!
Similar to Blastoise & Piplup + Ludicolo, this same Ludicolo will be important for the strategy.
Lance’s Charizard + Ludicolo + Moltres: Massive Extra Force
Lance's Charizard: the main attacker
Pretty simple and practical, right? Putting in a Welder UNB 189a to power up the Pokémon with 2 basic Energy from (F) and that's ok, plus the energy for the turn to fulfill the requirement and deal 200 damage.
But we know that 200 damage is a doesn't close games in the current format, maybe for low HP recursive Pokémon like Eldegoss V RCL 19, Crobat V DAA 104, Lumineon V BRS 40, applying weakness to the (F) type against Genesect V FST 185 (that's considering Pokémon V), not to mention other Expanded ones like Jirachi-EX PLB 60, Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60.
We will have here two Pokémon to enhance the damage:
1) Ludicolo EVS 34 with its ability to deal 100 more damage;
2) Moltres PGO 12 with its ability that does 10 more damage to your (F)-type Basic Pokémon in play;
3) The Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99 tool, which in addition to providing 40 more HP, offers 10 more damage - adding up to an incredible 320 damage!
Good hand to start the game
If you start being the second to play, during the first round, it's excellent because you can perform this combo:
1) Place Lance's Charizard V PR-SW SWSH133 in the active position.
2) Use Fiery Flint DRM 60a to filter the deck, discarding two cards from your hand (your choice can be Lombre and Irida or the two fire energies - but I recommend at least saving one fire energy to use on the turn).
3) Use Quick Ball SSH 179 to search for Jirachi-EX PLB 60, choosing a card from your hand to be discarded. So, when you get Jirachi-EX PLB 60 to bench, use its ability to look for Supporter Welder UNB 189a and apply it to Lance's Charizard V PR-SW SWSH133, energizing the two energies that are in hand (these 4 thanks to the effect of Fiery Flint DRM 60a) and having the quick energization, and even with that of the turn, drawing 3 additional cards!
- Ninetales TEU 16 comes in with its ability Nine Temptations, which grants the same effect as Boss's Orders, saving Supporter cards in the deck. Using it in place of Boss's Orders makes deck building easier and frees up the use of a supporter on the turn.
- Moltres PGO 12 has a Flare Symbol, which does an additional 10 damage to your (F)-type Basic Pokémon, except for Moltres or any cards named Moltres.
And it is one of the points that will increase the damage of Lance's Charizard V PR-SW SWSH133.
- Jirachi-EX PLB 60 has its ability Stellar Guidance, which if played from your hand to your Bench, you look for a Supporter card from your deck.
- Lotad EVS 32 serves to speed up the game with its first attack, Call for Family, where it can search for 2 basic Pokémon in your deck and put them on your Bench.
Since a good part of the deck's structure is basic, this facilitates the assembly of your game, mainly to summon Vulpix RCL 24 or another Lotad EVS 32 and even Lance's Charizard V PR- SW SWSH133.
- Lombre RCL 8 has its Ability Top Entry, which means that if this Pokémon is drawn right on your turn and your Bench isn't full, you can put it straight on the Bench instead of leaving it in your hand.
This will make it easier to assemble the setup with Ludicolo EVS 34 to create the combo:
- Ludicolo EVS 34 has Enthusiastic Dance, so if this Pokémon evolves from Lombre in your hand this turn, all your Basic Pokémon in play that turn will deal 100 more damage against your opponent's Active Pokémon.
This will boost Lance's Charizard V PR-SW SWSH133 with the Flamethrower attack, going from 200 to 300!
- Welder is here to take two basic (F)-type Energy and attach them to one of your Pokémon for Energy Acceleration. And on top of that, draw 3 cards.
- Blacksmith FLF 88 Takes two basic (F)-type Energy from the discard pile and attaches them to one of your Fire-type Pokémon.
- Irida ASR 147 is used to search for a Fire Pokémon and an Item card from your deck, facilitating the search for resources, whether looking for Pokémon in your setup, or Lotad's evolutionary line; in addition to picking up Items, such as Quick Ball, Nest Ball, VS Seeker, Fire Crystal and even the Fighting Fury Belt tool .
- Evolution Incense SSH 163 searches your deck for an evolution Pokémon.
- Nest Ball SUM 123 is used to search for any basic Pokémon in the deck and put it directly on your Bench.
- Fiery Flint DRM 60a is used to discard 2 cards from your hand to search for 4 Basic Energy from your deck.
- Fire Crystal UNB 173 is used to take 3 basic energies from the discard pile into your hand.
- Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99 grants 40 more HP and 10 more damage to the equipped Basic Pokémon.
So, Lance's Charizard V PR-SW SWSH133, from 220 HP, goes to 260 HP, in addition to his 200 damage attack to 210 damage.
- VS Seeker PHF 109Recover a Supporter from the discard pile and put it into your hand.
We have a very slow start because there was no accelerator in the search filter like Trainers' Mail ROS 92, Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182 or Random Receiver FCO 109, but when the combo was executed correctly, we have an Lance's Charizard V PR-SW SWSH133 ready with Welder UNB 189a and fire energies in hand, you have the draw power of 3 cards plus aggressive game progression.
Gradually, building the evolutionary line of Lotad > Lombre > Ludicolo to an appropriate moment against some Pokémon VStar, VMax and Tag Team-GX will be excellent, helping to catch them off guard with the use of Ninetales TEU 16 as a “catcher” and suddenly pull one of these Benched Pokémon to execute a perfect KO. We also have Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99 to increase your damage by 10, plus Moltres PGO 12 with another 10, causing a total of 320 damage!
- Deck that uses Path to the Peak CRE 148 or Power Plant UNB 183 hinders Jirachi-EX PLB 60, which is the only Pokémon to help speed up the search for Supporters on deck.
- Deck that uses “Item Lock” like Vikavolt V DAA 60.
- Deck that can stop attacks from basic Pokémon like Jolteon-EX GEN 28, Pyroar FLF 20, Eiscue EVS 47, Spiritomb UPR 53 or Flying Pikachu VMAX CEL 7.
It is a deck with a simple objective, with massive damage power, even if slow in assembly, as it depends on the combo. But if executed well, it can cause a lot of damage and surprise the opponent.
And now it's up to you: what do you think of the deck? You are welcome to leave a comment below!
Be the first to comment